UV printing (UV printing) involves the use of a special paint that hardens under the influence of ultraviolet rays. These colors do not penetrate into the material and freeze on its surface, so the image can be transferred not only on wood, cardboard, fabric and paper, but also on non-absorbent surface. UV inks can print on film, glass, metal, plastic — in General, almost all materials.
Printing with UV inks perform on special printers. As this technology is digital, it is also possible to Express UV printing.
Technology advantages of UV printing
The UV paint can be mixed, achieving the desired shades, you can add fillers getting the color "metallic"; they can be transparent, matte or glossy. The latter are used for UV varnishing.
The technology allows for excellent detail, stamped all the elements of the image, and applying spot UV varnishing, you can achieve interesting effects. Especially interesting look UV lacquering and printing on film, glass, plastics and other materials that transmit light.
UV technology is widely used in advertising printing: this way to produce promotional catalogs, banners, posters and posters, including billboards, Souvenirs. UV varnishing is used not only in printing but also in the manufacture of furniture and building materials, interior textiles and decorative elements.
The main advantages of the technology:
- Versatility. The paint can be applied to almost any substrate – glass, metal, wood, plastic, fabric, cardboard and paper, stone, film.
- Environmentally friendly. UV paint is non-toxic, have no smell after hardening, so that the finished product can be used in residential and office spaces.
- Durability. UV inks do not fade in the sun, almost not subject to mechanical wear, not washed off with water and household chemicals. They can be applied to surfaces or products that are used outdoors.
- The saturation and brightness of colors. The saturation and brightness of the image is preserved when transferring to the media — they are most similar to those that you see on the computer screen.
- Elasticity. UV paint well and go on smooth and rough surfaces and securely fasten on the surface; the technology is suitable for printing on the tape.
- The optimal ratio of price and quality. UV printing is not cheap but delivers high quality images over a relatively long service life of the finished product.
Materials for UV printing
Printing with UV inks is possible in almost any materials, including non-absorbent surface, flexible, rough. Image can be applied to:
- The tape including the adhesive;
- Paper, cardboard, Wallpaper;
- Banner vinyl canvas (laminated, cast);
- Plastic, acrylic and polystyrene;
- Stone, brick, ceramic tile;
- Composite materials;
- Wood, plywood, chipboard;
- Glass, mirror;
- Fabric, carpet, canvas.